Day Tour Packages
Public & Private Tours – All year round
Skye Island Tours is pleased to offer a selection of full & half-day itineraries around Skye, Lochalsh & the West Highlands, where your driver-guide will help you take in as many sights you wish to see, plus allow time for more extended explorations or walks.
Are you looking for a fun and relaxed way to make the most of your time in Skye?
Don’t miss out! Our day tours from Portree (& area) for independent-minded travellers who wish to cover as much ground as possible during your visit to our magical island.
Our 8-seaters silver metallic Renault Trafic minibus guarantees comfort for small groups and you’ll have the full attention of a local driver-guide to introduce you to some of the nicest spots on our island.
While the public tours have set itineraries, our private bespoke tours give more flexibility to add as many photo-stops as you want, if time permits.
North Skye, Portree & Dunvegan Castle – full day tours
Skye’s best one day tour! Perfect for those who won’t be staying long.
- Photo stops : The Storr, Kilt Rock, Quiraing, Uig Bay & Fairy Glen (time permitting)
- Summer tours (from Mid-May to Mid-October) : lunch & sandwiches at Skeabost House Hotel with the amazing opportunity to discover St Columba’s Isle + visit of Dunvegan Castle & Gardens (tickets included)
- Winter tours (from Mid-October to Mid-May) : afternoon tea at Skeabost House Hotel with the amazing opportunity to discover St Columba’s Isle + visit of our local handcrafted sheepskin manufacturer Skyeskyns.
- Public tour (Summer) : £99pp
- Public tour (Winter) : £97.45pp
- Private tour : £305-£610 (cost of activities included)
- For the public tour: Kyle of Lochalsh, Kyleakin, Broadford, Sconser, Sligachan & Portree. Other pick-up options might be available at an extra cost.
- For the private tour: at your accommodation in the Skye & lochalsh region. We might ask you to pay an extra fee if your accommodation is very remote.
- The private tours are available all year around and the public tours from Easter to mid-October.
- All the food and the activities listed are included in the price
- Public tours: we do not climb the Old Man of Storr but only stop for a picture.
- The visit to the castle is to be done on your own. No guided visit is available.
- Payment can be made on this website by card or Paypal (6% fee). You can also book with us directly by Paypal, bank transfer or cash. Please contact us for more information: email@example.com
- Please note that we require 2 people minimum for the public tour to be running.
History, castles & brochs – full day tour
Perfect for those who wish to learn more about our local history!
The day will start with a guided tour of Kyleakin, one of Skye’s less-known traditional fishing village and this will allow you to get to learn more about our local history & economy (who were our first settlers, the viking era, our local clans & life in the Islands during the industrial revolution up to today’s which depends much on fishing, salmon farming and tourism).
For more information, please click here.
A lunch stop will be offered at Eilean Donan cafe or takeaway followed by an optional tour inside the castle (£10pp).
We’ll then head to Glenelg where you’ll get to see one of the most preserved Scottish brochs : Dun Telve (iron age roundhouses).
If the weather looks good, you’ll also get back to the Isle of Skye by the Skye-Glenelg turntable ferry (the latest of its kind in the world).
- Guided visit of the village of Kyleakin & Castle Moil (included in the price)
- Eilean Donan Castle (audioguide visit – option at £10pp)
- Glenelg & Dun Telve Broch
- Skye-Glenelg turntable ferry (option at £15)
- Private tour: available for now on a private tour only – £300 (1-2 people) – £350 (3-4 people) – £400 (5-8 people). Please note that the optional activities are not included in this quotation.
- Our quotation includes a pick-up and return on the Skye & Lochalsh area. Other pick-up options might be available at an extra cost.
- This tour can’t be booked online. Please email us if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shuttle service to Portree – Sligachan – Talisker – Fairy Pools
Half-days at £35pp OR full-days at £45pp (public price – 6 people minimum required for this service to run). We reserve the right to cancel if the minimum amount of participants hasn’t been met.
Available from Easter to mid-October only.
Note: Pick-ups and returns in Kyle of Lochalsh, Kyleakin, Broadford, Sconser & Sligachan are also possible for the same price but please book in this case the full-day option.
Payment can be made on this website by card or Paypal (6% fee). You can book with us by email. In this case, the payments options would be Paypal, bank transfer or cash. Our email address is: email@example.com
Private half-days runs with 4 options – 3 to 4 hours
- Trotternish (Old Man of Storr, Kilt Rock, Quiraing & Fairy Glen) & St Columba’s Isle – not everything will be seen in a half-day. You’ll be able to choose on the day.
- Sligachan / Fairy Pools / Talisker distillery / Talisker beach
- Neist Point
- Dunvegan Castle / SkyeSkyns / Coral beach / St Columba’s Isle (1 or 2 options only in a 3-4h timescale)
Pick-up / Return
From meeting points in Kyle of Lochalsh, Kyleakin, Broadford, Sconser, Sligachan, Portree
- £180 (1-2 people)
- £200 (3-4 people)
- £220 (5-8 people)
Bespoke Private Tours
Please contact us if you wish to book a private bespoke tour.
- Half-day: £40/h (1-2 people)
- Half-day: £45/h (3-4 people)
- Half-day: £50/h (5-8 people)
- Full-day: £300 (1-2 people)
- Full-day:£350 (3-4 people)
- Full-day: £400 (5-8 people)
Pick-up / Return
Pick-up at your accommodation on the Skye & Lochalsh area. Other pick-up options might be available at an extra cost. We also do airport transfers.